Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A Picky Habit

For some reason Bubba has decided to be a picky eater. It was almost like he was protesting for over 2 days... one day at home and the first day at my parents' place. He didn't eat any of his normal food, Nutro - Lamb and Rice. I was getting worried. My parents had a little bit of a different type of Nutro food, we tried that at their place, no luck. Bubba would sniff it and then back away. I'd move my hand closer to him again, and he'd run away. I mean he literally ran away!

I broke down and I went to Wal-mart to find some better food. During the Superbowl at the Doyle's, Bubba got a taste of Brutus' food, Beneful. So I bought a small bag for Bubba to try. But instead of changing it all at once, I mixed his old food with his new.

What happened? Bubba starting eating. I thought, "Great!" I went to watch a little bit of TV and let him be with his meal. About an hour later, I went to check on the bowl to see how much he ate.

I walked towards the kitchen to find a trail of food leading into the kitchen from the dining room. Bubba was eating alright. He was eating his new food... and only his new food. He would take a mouthful, drop the bits on the floor, sniff out the Beneful, and then eat piece by piece only the Beneful food.

Oh, my little low maintance, happy-go-lucky-puppy, everybody's-pal, turns out to be a picky eater! Literally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home